07-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #29
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk View Post
Greetings--I'm new here, this is my first post, as I'm planning on ordering my X3 35i tomorrow-- (Mineral Silver, Sand Beige, Sienna Wood, Premium and Technology Packages).

But, your post gives me pause as I don't want to miss out on an upgraded Navigation System by a matter of days. I could wait a couple of weeks before I give Spartansburg the go-ahead...

Can you please elaborate on when this upgrade will be implemented? Did you mean August, 2013, or August 13th, 2013?

Do you have any links or further info?

Greatly appreciated, and glad I found this forum.
Sorry was on vacation so I'm just getting to this. I mean August 2013 production. No I don't have any links to it. Here are some of the upgrades:

Highlights:
•BMW Apps: Select Android operating systems will support BMW Apps certified apps from Google Play.
•iSpeech: Prompts for common commands and ability to use Google via iSpeech.
•Siri Eyes-Free: Use steering wheel voice activation button to use Siri (depending on phone)
•Bluetooth audio: iPod control over Bluetooth and switch between Bluetooth and USB without reconfiguring Bluetooth.

Additional updates include:

Navigation:
•Address input format: Customers can now enter an address in the standard US format.
•Avoid areas: Ability to specify areas that the should be avoided due to a wide variety of reasons.
•Traffic icons: Improvements to traffic list icons.

Media:
•SiriusXM: Channel logos are now available
•Volume indicator: Displays volume level when adjusting volumes.

ConnectedDrive:
•BMW Online: Splitscreen availability.
•Automatic time setting: Uses BMW Online to automatically adjust clock settings.

Voice activation:
•iSpeech prompts: Visual prompts after iSpeech activation to provide customers with common commands.
Appreciate 0