View Single Post
      04-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #26
Tipsy McStagger
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i Msport AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozak View Post
I did the same thing. Right before my CA placed the order for my 28i I called him back to the desk and said "let's do the 35i instead." Very glad I did! To hell with better mpgs!
Yeah I finally woke up one morning and thought "oh god I hope it isn't too late to change the order" and then flooded my CA's inbox . I loved the n20 in the sport line 3 series I drove but a few hundred extra pounds...eh..., plus the n20 sounds like a tractor motor. Couldn't live with the regret of not getting the n55. Don't get me wrong, that blown four is a great engine. The first time it snows I'll probably regret the decision.

We initially drove the F30 with the n20, then the X3 with the n52 followed by a 35i M sport, all in the same day. From there we drove the GLK, FX and EX, Q5 2.0T, Range Rover Evoque and the Volvo XC60 R-Design, along with the Forester and Outback (what the heck, big Subaru fans). The Volvo was a pretty close second but I couldn't get past the torque steer and nanny safety features. But the X3 with the N55 just haunted me throughout the whole process, even after we had decided on the n20 which, again, I thought was just an outstanding engine.

Now I just have to black out the grill, debadge and decide on a tune. Anybody find staggered wheels yet for these F25s?

btw the 35i gets better mileage than our 328ix and will clobber it from a dead stop. Ok, it might not get better mileage the way I drive it...we have averaged 17.8mpg over the life of our 3 series lol.
Appreciate 0