View Single Post
      04-28-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
prj57
Registered
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 2007 X3 3.0d LCI

Hi, I had to recently (3 days ago) replace a passenger side D1S xenon bulb on my 2007 X3 LCI and was a bit intimidated by the tight spaces under the hood. No worries, its a 5-10 min job (helps if you have small hands). I had to take out the washer fluid container to access the back of the light.

The washer fluid tank is held in place by a single bolt (upper part, behind the cap). It was a 10 wrench if I remember right. Undo the bolt, unclip the big rubber pipe which runs between the tank and radiator, the tank is pulled straight up, careful not to pull too hard.

Without disconnecting anything, put it slightly to the side/top of the engine and access the back of the headlight. From there is pretty straight forward. Disconnect "scart" looking cable to headlight (I like to not have power supply available when working on high voltage systems).

Looking at your pics, the metal clip holding the bulb unplugs on the bottom - spring like thing, when disconnected opens to the sides, take out bulb carefully and unplug it from the connector. Change it, check to see if lights are operational after refitting the cables. If all is OK, assemble in reverse procedure. When attaching the washer tank, carefully check not to clip or break any cables/piping running underneath it.

Hope it helps!
Appreciate 0