View Single Post
      04-27-2018, 05:41 AM   #20
Sfkjeld
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by doru View Post
One of the cheapest and easiest way to add bluetooth for music streaming & calls is the Anker SoundSync Drive Bluetooth 4.0 Car Receiver.
You plug it in the Aux input in front of the 2nd row of seats.
Set the HU to Aux, have the phone paired and you're done. Music & phone calls streaming. I got mine from Amazon. Link.
Yes, I agree. That’s what I’d do if I really wanted Bluetooth. An even cheaper way is to forget Bluetooth. Just run an RCA cable from the aux Jack up to your phone mount on the dash. When you mount the phone, plug in the RCA cable and the Lightening cable for charging. You have everything you’d have with Bluetooth. The steering wheel phone button works to answer calls, use Siri and whatever the Android equivalent is, to make calls and get turn by turn directions. I even use Siri to read/write text messages hands free. The only catch is that in order for Siri’s voice to come in over the car’s speakers is, you have to have the stereo in Aux mode. If you are in radio mode, Siri comes in over the iPhone.

Btw I use the Proclip dash cellphone mount. Pricey but rock solid. Much better than the vent or suction type. The cradles are custom designed for each iPhone and Droid phone type.
Appreciate 0