View Single Post
      03-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #25
Briant73
Rep
Drives: Highlander

Finally got to take an extended test drive in the X3 28i with premium package (leather and lumbar support) and here are my thoughts -

Ride - Firm but controlled and bumps and such are muted. Overall I like it.

Handling - Night and day over my current Highlander, requires more effort but rewards with a lot more control/feedback.

Power- Eco mode it feels like any other 4 cylinder SUV, comfort decent but sport mode this vehicle comes alive.

Standard Radio - I actually didn't mind the sound quality after playing with settings and getting use to it, I still would enjoy premium sound but it's not a deal breaker.

Visibility - Front windshield and it's fine, the front pillars are not a hindrance like some vehicles but I notice the middle pillars between the front and back doors can get in the way. Rear window is small so the backup camera system might be desirable.

Fit and Finish - Very solid feel and everything lined up well. The only flaw I found was the steering wheel leather had a cut in the back side that I could feel with my fingers while driving but this may have been caused by someone with a jewelry and not a factory defect.

Cargo space - Decent overall for the size of the vehicle.

Comfort - My passenger felt very happy in the passenger seat but once again I was not comfortable though the discomfort level wasn't as bad as previous test drives. At first my left leg was uncomfortable but adjusting the seat fixed that issue mostly, then my back started hurting but playing with the lumbar and seat position fixed that. So my back and left leg aren't complaining but then my right leg felt out of place. I played with the seat and but never felt completely comfortable. Looking at things it appears where the left foot rest is back a bit from where the pedals rest and maybe that is the issue, also the seat cushion depth is a bit shallower than I'm used to. Rear seat is comfortable but feels low. For the record I'm 5' 8".

Overall this is one great vehicle and I enjoy it's features and driving dynamics. Now if I could of been comfortable in it, I would be ready to start negotiations but I don't want to buy a vehicle hoping I'll get comfortable in it and never do - so still thinking things over.
Appreciate 0