Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 28i 2018 530i

Garage List
2013 X3 28i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskpsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahoakl View Post
I was told on both cars to wax the film just like I would the rest of the car and for appearance sake to make sure wax didn't get stuck on the edge of the film.

As far as it looking like your iPhone screen I would guess that PPF is completely different. I think that both 3M and Xpel films are a urethane based film with a clear coat on top, not unlike the actual paint on your car. I highly doubt a screen protector for a phone has automotive clear coat on it .

Go find the place that you're thinking about having do this and see what it looks like on darker cars. I would imagine if you're flexible enough they would probably let you know if they are going to be working on a car that is black so you could get an apples to apples comparison.
XPel's film is also self healing, a few youtube searches will show the film's ability in this regard. Great looking product on your car with the aforementioned clear coat on the film.

You should indeed polish/wax the films as you do your car to keep the colors consistent over time (wrapped and unwrapped). Avoid products that have petroleum as that can yellow your film...big deal on white cars like my 1M.
NXT 2.0 Meguiars reads it contains petroleum distillates yet detailer who installs covering said it was ok to use. Now I know not what to do. Just bought 2.0 and all the extras for first wax job
Appreciate 0