View Single Post
      06-30-2014, 05:38 AM   #6
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
It seems only just a few weeks since the LCi of the BMW X3 has just hit the market that now the discussion is on the G01 the replacement for the X3 which will launch in just over 3 years in 2017 also the year and arrival of the Super luxurious X7.

Since its the first renders effectively they are work in progress but some ideas are evident such as X3 design characteristics , solid surfaces and extra athleticism to broaden the car amongst the more evolutionary appearance carried over.

As I understand the car is still being worked on at the crick coal stages of development so it is not an accurate representation. But the more Technical design language introduced in the Vision Future Luxury concept car will be utilised in the X3 as well as the X7.

Based upon the upcoming new modular matrix , the X3 will bring exceptional weight reduction to the segment , will finally arrive in full M model over an eDrive plug-in hybrid and for the first time an X3 Li designed for the Chinese market. It will be continued to be built in Spartanburg in South Carolina.
The home of the BMW SAV.

A year later in 2018 will see the arrival of the next BMW X4 (G02) giving the first X4 a very short shelf life.
Scott - thanks for the info. I hope whoever you report into at BMW knows how much goodwill YOU create for the brand through your interaction with the enthusiast community.

Great to hear that the next generation will feature many of BMW's latest innovations. Hopefully it'll share interior finishes with the F15!

Any word on whether F25 owners will be able to buy BMW Performance parts for their X3s? An MPPK perhaps?

With the segment getting stronger (I know I looked at the SQ5), I strongly believe that an F15-like M Performance catalogue would keep a lot of folks (who might otherwise find themselves in an SQ5, Macan S or Evoque Autobiography) within the BMW fold!

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0