BJB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VW Jetta

X3 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Well, two things make a September 2013 timeline for LCI not make sense:

1) Would mean that MY2013 remains in production for 19 or 20 months. March 2012 production thru Sept 2013 production. Not a common scenario. It makes more sense for MY2014 to begin in March 2013 and run through March 2014. Which leads to #2 below....

2) BMW typically has the LCI in the 5th model year of the 7 year cycle. This would correspond with MY2015 for the F25.

If they refresh the F25 in March 2014 (i.e. a year from now), it would fit right in with the introduction of the X4. Both SAVs will be new and fresh!

Stranger things have happend, however. Only BMW knows at this point.
Thanks for your comprehensive feedback Sam. I could be wrong but I thouight that limited camouflage meant a reveal rather soon. I also checked with my BMW dealer and the only thing he knew for sure was that the current model would be replaced in July 2017. He said he would check with BMW South Africa about the LCI and would let me know if he found out anything. I'm a little sceptical because I would think that BMW would not want people finding out about the LCI as it may prejudice current model sales.
Appreciate 0