09-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #14
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneus View Post
Reading the brochure and talking to the BMW sales staff, all X3s have Drive Performance Control, with Comfort & Sport Settings, but this only controls the engine response and does nothing for the suspension. The Variable Damping Control allows control over the shock absorbers for improved performance & smoother ride depending on the setting, and also adds a Sport+ mode.

Apparently.
There is a lot of confusion about the names of the options but I'm pretty sure there is no "comfort" mode in any X3. There is "Normal" on X3s with VDC which will be more comfortable than driving round in "Sport". Also "performance control" isn't standard for all X3s, it's a cost option S02VG on the 20d SE. S02VG is as described by Nahoa above (power to each wheel being adjusted). It's nothing to do with Sport/Sport+ and the reason I know that is that I have S02VG performance control and have no Sport/Sport+ switch.

VDC X3s have different shocks that change the viscosity of a liquid by using electric charge so the car can automatically make 1000s of quick adjustments to smooth out the road. They also mean you can change the default and make the suspension firmer (Sport). There is no Sport+ setting for the suspension. Sport+ is just Sport with DTC switched off

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0