BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBMW View Post
Thanks for your input guys.

The only reason I am still considering an X3 or any five seater to be fair with my growing family is because long road trips are not an issue for me. The car would generally be used by my wife to transport the kids to their daily activities and 98% the whole family would be in the car we would go closely nearby. I understand your concerns of outgrowing the car and I voiced the same concerns to the point where I almost considered a mini van.

A friend of mine was in the same situation I was a year ago but he opted for a five seater as well. He drives a Lincoln MKX with a 2 adult 3 children family and has more frequent long car trips then I do but he seems to have enough space.

The point is that although I will take the X3 for joyrides long road trips are a real rarity with my family as we only go so far once or twice a year and we don't go anywhere where so much luggage is needed. Is the X3 big enough for such trips.

Also, my opting package list:
Unfortunately (i don't know how the packages are where you guys live) in Canada the packages have good features quite spread out. I don't see the point of ordering every package, so if you guys can tell me what you don't find necesarry or excessive so I could try to cut it. I was contemplating leaving out the executive package but that gets rid of the Premium package as well

BMW Apps Package:
Smart phone integration
BMW Apps

Technology Package:
BMW Assist w/ bluetooth
BMW assist w/extended bluetooth
BMW On-board Nav

Executive Package (adds Premium Package)
HIFI sound system professional
Lights Package
Lumbar support
Rear view camera with top view
Universal Remote controller

Premium Package
Auto dimming interior/exterior mirrors
Automatic Trunk
Comfort Access
Panorama Sunroof
Park Distance Control
X-line package

And also the M sport package and Dynamic Control which I will keep.

Did you all completely load your X3's?
few things for you; you don't need the executive package for the premium, it's the other way around. depending how you drive DHP could be left out but you need to get the M-package and leather.
that being said it's ok to get all or most of the packages BMWCA gets us like that, but at the end of the day what's another 3000$ when you already payed so much.
Appreciate 0