View Single Post
      04-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #3
TarHeelFan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

I had the exact same situation - EXACT. I had a pre-approved 2.9% loan with my Credit Union but BMW asked if was interested in getting the loan thru them. I said if they can beat it (or match) then I'd do it. Turns out they're locked in to the 4.9 and the most they can do is another point for being a "dedicated" customer.

They then let you fill out all the paperwork and basically that 30" form you sign says that if you'll be getting them the money within the next 3 days. Typically they're not sticklers and tend to give a little bit of a grace period - as long as you explain the situation. (With everything electronic nowadays it's real easy to handle things from home and get it all done instantly.) All dealerships do this on a regular basis.

Bottom Line...Unless there's something fishy going on that they sense from you, you'll be driving home with a smile on your face. You can always bring in the paperwork showing you're pre-approved. (The only problem with that is they'll then try to sell the car for that amount because they know that's how much you've got.)
Appreciate 0