View Single Post
      12-04-2012, 12:30 AM   #6
bogx3
Rep
Drives: honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwlvr60
It's been discussed in other threads and I won't go on a rant about CR in this thread like I did in a different thread.

My opinion is that CR is the most trusted of all the car rating professionals who review cars. They buy their test cars anonymously, have a state of the art testing facility and their magazine accepts no advertising.

Other car professionals who work for magazines whether paper or online don't adhere to the first and last important critieria. This is why I trust them the most out of the car rating professionals.

That said the opinions of friends and acquaintences of mine, and the opinions of people in forums such as this carry the most weight for me.

My criticism of CR is that their attitude is very Liberal and tend to give higher ratings for cars that are Green and many times practice reverse snobism. I won't fault them for giving higher ratings to vehicles that are more reliable- afterall it's most people's second largest investment.

I do know that they've given BMW's and MB's and other luxury cars- especially the Japanese ones- very high ratings INCLUDING the top in it's class rating they just gave the X3 28i in the article I cut/pasted at the start of this thread.
Well stated
Appreciate 0