03-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #256
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wig and Gown View Post
sfax - noted re the 6NR. Mrs WaG has an iPhone so it seems a must. I agree that Xenons have a premium feel to them but do they really add much else?
If you buy an X5, xenons come as standard and with good reason. From a practical point of view, you can see a lot more and they are safer, but most importantly, you'll miss out on seeing the Angel Eyes reflected off the back of the car in front of you . I had xenons on my last car (Golf GTI) and will never buy a car again that doesn't have them. Lots of people feel this way after owning cars with and then driving cars without. Search this forum for xenons. It's your money and your decision but I would be remiss if I didn't at least try to make you see the light (awful pun!)

6NR if wife has iPhone is a no brainer. I wish I had it but no retrofit

She'll also like the BMW Remote iPhone app that helps you find your BMW in a car park by telling it to flash its lights or beep its horn. Also shows location on a map using GPS (for very big car parks or if you forgot what street you parked on!). You don't need 6NR for this but it's cool

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0