06-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #55
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelFan View Post
Just got back from a European vacation - 29 days away from my car - absolutely no problem on starting and driving. Unless you live in sub-zero temperatures it seems like a waste of money for all of these extras that are always pushed on this site. Even took it to the automatic car wash - had someone drive the car in all by themselves. I know we've got BMWs and mine is very precious to me but there is no way it is the most fragile car to enter a car wash. Sorry but I don't have the time, inclination or access to a hose or washing facilities.

Just my $0.02 worth

Not sure how this became about bashing people for wanting to charge their batteries or washing and detailing their vehicles....

"pushed" on this site... really? I feel absolutely no pressure to run out and buy a charger like those discussed in this thread. But then again, they were discussed in the thread because that was the TOPIC of it... yeah, it's really weird to find a bunch of car enthusiasts on a car enthusasts forum.

To each his own of course, and I really don't care whether or not you wash your car or let kangaroos mate in the passenger seat. But you really don't have any call for attitude toward those who feel otherwise.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0