View Single Post
      10-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #16
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by godora View Post
BMW STOP DOING THIS, there is no fucking point in making 3 suv's not alone 4. i mean WHO the hell is this car competition for ?? there is no freaking way bmw is doing this, we need more regular cars like sedans and coupes, give us 8 series or 4 series or whatever the hack you want to make, except STOP making this man SUV,SAV or SAC or whatever the heck you want to call it. POINTLESSSSSSSSSS.
BMW has been caught in the regular sedan market by Lexus and Infiniti and Acura. Their not BMW's but close enough and a hell of a lot cheaper.

BMW will now focus on niche luxury markets.

Anything that BMW cannot get full retail for in the U.S. will be sold overseas.

Expect European delivery discounts to go away.

Expect leasing to decline drastically.

Expect the $350 per month 3 series lease payment to be a distant memory.

The low end coupe and sedan market will move to Japanese. A $65k 3 series simply does not sell in the U.S. Just look at M3 sales. No one would have thought the X6 would outsell an M3. BMW cannot make money selling $35-$45k 3 series. In the end, all they did was lease 3 series to those who cannot afford the cars to begin with and took a 1 billion loss as a result.

Besides the X6, I also own a 2008 VW GTI. It is everything the 3 series used to be and more. Granted it is FWD vs. RDW, but it is 1/2 the cost, 1/3 better mileage, and bascially the same features.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 3 series, but if you have tunnel vision you will miss the real values out there.

Last edited by chuck92103; 10-09-2008 at 05:18 PM..
Appreciate 0