04-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #27
saulgoodman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 N52T

Garage List
2015 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
Thought I am the only one having this issue with my '12 28i, and I notice this often not particularly on high winds, even in regular highway winds. I experienced it mostly on I-93 from Boston to New Hampshire...sometimes I feel embarrassed that I might have scared the guy in next lane by driving close to the lane markers. It's tough to maintain a straight line for more than 5 mins at 70-75 mph...car tend to weave from left to right or right to left, based on the wind direction and I have to keep correcting my center. I don't have DHP, my steering is on the lighter side.

I tried the same with my colleagues CX-9 and MDX on same road, those didn't had the issue. Both felt pretty planted on the road...may be both are heavy vehicles.

I did noticed this on another X3 35i in front me while I was driving a rental Chrysler 300 to DC last weekend. That X3 guy was all over the lane weaving the road, he couldn't keep his vehicle in a straight line for more than minute...it was little windy and the entire traffic was flowing at 80 mph. Again the 300 felt more planted no wind noise since it's a heavy sedan.
Appreciate 1