View Single Post
      04-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #49
DGDuerr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismelllikepoop View Post
At first I wasn't sure if my nav was just stupid, telling me to park a half mile away from my destinations and take these very roundabout ways. Now after trying to use it in a downtown area, it is just completely inaccurate. One time it was telling me I was traveling perpendicular to the road I was actually on, and other times it was saying I was on a road parallel to the one I was traveling on, even though it was at least a couple hundred yards away. Anyone else have this issue?
I have not seen this on my BMW's Nav, but I have an Alpine in my Honda Accord, and it has done it, but corrects itself after a couple miles or turns. You might want to run this by the service dept at your BMW dealership. I use my Nav for work, use it everyday... its packed with features, and you've got to spend some time with it to understand how to get the most out of it. I enjoy being able to send my destinations to my BMW via Google Maps - and simply getting in my car, and in a couple of clicks, I'm on my way. Yes, its been very accurate too. Ask the dealer....