View Single Post
      01-17-2011, 01:44 PM   #7
BerkeleyX3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 2.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdl View Post
You point #1 and #3 are true. But #2 is questionable. According to my CA, as long as order status changed to 150 (or even before that), you cannot change specs. BMWUSA site, spec has a bit lag time, it didn't show correct color I ordered on 11/9 until a few weeks later. Others say that you can change spec at least one week before production begins.

Better verify with your CA, chances are what you see on the BMW site is what you will get. You can ask your CA to show you from his screen shot of the particular prod# or vin#, it's full specs.

After all, it's way beyond quick. My guess is that at the time of your ordering on 1/9, the actual X3 already passed body shop and paint shop, the last step is for assembly. Good luck.
Yep you're right. I was worried. But the dealership did give me a copy of the order before I left the dealership on the 9th and it shows the right production number and the right specs. They made me initial on all the specs on this sheet. So I think I am ok.

On the 9th, the status of the vehicle was "112-scheduled for daily production pack". So it looks like they changed the configuration right before production.
Appreciate 0