09-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #11
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd123 View Post
O.K.. I got the car on Saturday and brought it in on Sunday and it seemed fine. I brought it back on Monday and they replaced a modular and got it back to me on Wednesday. I had problems again on Thursday night and brought it in on Friday. Today which is Tuesday they called BMW NA and they think a junction box needs to be replaced and it needs to come from Germany. They will try to get it in faster. Should I at least ask for an extended warranty since it seems to have major problems. I have had it a total of 3 days in a week and a half. Thanks for all your help and I'm sure 99.9 % of the X3's would never have this problem but since it affected the AC, alarm, door locks, and it also locked me in while blowing hot air, window wipers and no lights at night I will not feel safe driving it if it happens again. IT WAS NEW and I hope BMW NA gets involved and makes it right. I am a single mom who drives around her daughter and I freak out when I don't feel safe. I think this is a great SAV and would still stick with the new X3. Since it feels like it has a mind of its own I don't want to take chances with my safety. FYI..It really helped in my decision when buying this car that this model has brought jobs to the U.S.A
Although problems like yours should never happen, they can, and do.

It sounds like your dealer is at least trying to find the solution. If it were me, I'd at least phone BMW NA Customer service (800-831-1117) and have them open a case on your car. It never hurts to let the dealer know you're not just talking to them.

Regarding asking for compensation (an extended warrantee). You’re probably better off waiting until the car is properly fixed. Once you’re satisfied that it’s working correctly make your case with the dealer AND with BMW NA. I personally know of several instances involving 2011 X3’s where BMW NA approved cash payments to owners to compensate them for their troubles.

It’s often a good idea to keep a detailed log of what functions failed on the car and when. Mention the full list and the number of times you had to return to the dealership for service that obviously DIDN’T correct the problem in a detailed letter to BMW NA. The real failure here is apparently that you dealer didn’t keep and drive the car enough to insure that your issues were properly resolved.

Good Luck – we do feel your pain and share your concerns about your family’s safety.
Appreciate 0