View Single Post
      10-22-2022, 03:41 PM   #1
rapatapat
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 / F25

New Owner of a 2012 X3 / List of Upgrades?

I just bought a 2012 X3 yesterday!

I spent several hours yesterday scouring this forum and starting to make a list of stuff I need/want to improve.

Let me know if there's something I should add to this list!

1. Unfortunately, I have the halogen headlights. I wish researched this before buying the car. Seems like a Xenon upgrade will be a nightmare? Not sure if it's still the same situation, as some of the posts here are couple years old. Hoping a local light/audio shop has some experience with this. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

2. There's a parking brake error. I want to try to troubleshoot it myself, so I'm going with BimmerLink with OBDlink to see if it's something I can solve. Never used this product before...so hope it's kinda straight forward.

3. The rims that came on these were pretty ugly. It has 235/55/17 tires. Any suggestions for good rims? Color of the car is Deep Sea Blue.

4. Rear Backup Camera. This thing didn't come with one, and I've gotten pretty used to relying on one. It didn't come with proximity sensors too. Can't believe these weren't standard...even in 2012! I imagine aftermarket proximity sensors might be tricky? Would appreciate any recommendations on backup camera!

That's about it so far. Would love to know if there's something that should be on my radar.
Appreciate 0