05-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #34
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Back on topic, am I the only one disgusted by the notion of the X3M? I know a company has to continuously broaden its portfolio by adding new products, but is there a car that more directly represents the antithesis to everything that ///M stands for than a turbo SUV?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Nothing surprises me any more aajami. I am pretty jaded toward BMW these days, and pretty much completely desensitized to any new sacrilegious product rumors, ideas or announcements from the guys in Munich. It is not that I've ruled out buying BMW vehicles in the future, but there is no longer that same level of enthusiasm, especially when it comes to the engine technology. I think my poor battered and weary N54 would agree with me, and my S65 keeps looking over its shoulder, waiting to get clubbed.
Oh you two!!! I used to feel the same way until I drove a couple of the "big" M utes. Simply amazing although there's not really any room for such a vehicle (garage and financially) in my life. If I had alot of extra $$ and didn't give a damn about paying $1.50/litre for premium fuel, they'd be my first choice for a family hauler. Can't think of a better way to haul the dogs than with an "M". Don't get me wrong, our current M's are still the epitome of what ///M stands for and I enjoy it thoroughly.

I think the biggest news arising out of the potential for the X3 M will be the motor and it's relationship to the the next-gen M3 as a couple have stated. The X5 and X6 M's were the engine mules, so to speak, for the new M5 and next year's M6. Perhaps this is the case with the new X3???
Appreciate 0