View Single Post
      09-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #16
toneus
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive40d SE (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheHand View Post
Options are designed to increase the profit margin.

I went through the options and most of them were very nice - but I kept asking myself were they necessary to me or worth the money. I managed to bring it down to a few that I felt I wouldn't want to be without and a couple that were wanted but could be without

I wondered if I had made a mistake not getting that - but after three weeks, the dipping mirror helps me park it better than the E83 version I had so now I have stopped thinking about it
Couldn't agree more (about profit margin), the bugbear for me is £2515 for the professional media, or you could downsize to the Business for only ~£300 less! Seems a very expensive option, but apparently seriously affects the resale if you don't have it. And then everything else is ~£1k-£1.5k on top of that.

If you're going to spend £40k on a car, then you expect it to have everything (at least I do), but when I add on everything it's a £50k car! The reason I'm asking opinions on the options.

Really appreciate the responses.