07-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #2099
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123 View Post
Hi Washy, I'm also contemplating a 3.0d. I'm intriqued to find out current lead times. I presume this is dealer dependant i.e. they are allocated (or bid for) build slots.

Also I'm trying to find out what discount you can squeeze out of them. Some forum members have mentioned max 6% or 7%+

Finally could anyone recommend a good 'non' BMW finance deal. I currently have a 2 year HP with Balloon payment with an APR of 8%. My initial APR offer from the local BMW dealer was 11%, but I'm sure I can negociate based upon evidence of a better deal.
Depending on your credit rating you may be able to part or even fully finance it with one or more 22 month 0% balance transfers. You'll pay 3% for a cash advance fee and then a another 3% handling fee (you have to get the cash on one card and then transfer to another although some cards let you transfer direct to a bank account for a fee). If you can set it up, it beats any loan's APR (the 22 month example above is less than 5% APR and the best APR on moneysupermarket is 5.9%). If you can get another balance transfer deal when the first one expires (so pay back over 44 months) it becomes cheaper still - equivalent of 4% APR. I part financed mine (~£20,000) using this method

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0