Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland
Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post
Your post are hilarious^

There is no real M-cars anymore, there is no M-division anymore. And ///M... use to stand for Motorsports... and now BMW uses it on their SUV's because of people like you... gullible. Whom believe that "sportiness" comes in a moniker & not from groundwork engineering from special people who are motorsports engineers.

To your point, BMW could easily just use "S" to distinguish trim levels, but instead dilutes and bastardizes their M-brand until it is watered down and meaningless. (135is, is now a M235i... lol)

Nothing you say will change BMW's excessive greed & marketing, it is what we have been complaining about for the last 10 years. Why so many people are now looking at other brands. BMW has not stayed true to themselves, or their long time followers. BMW caters to people who didn't even know they were going to buy a BMW last year...

As it stand, BMW M means nothing except another level of trim. Period!
w3rkn, I expect no less from you. Do you still have your BMW? I thought you were shopping 2015 Mustangs (great car, btw).

Last I checked, M GmbH was still a subsidiary of BMW with their own engineering staff and purview over the development of M-cars, or did that change?

I don't see much point in addressing your remarks directly, because they're without any merit. If M were nothing but a moniker, the M3/4 wouldn't come with a unique suspension, engine, and bodywork.

You're welcome to your opinions, but the facts remain as they are. M-cars still punch above their weight.
Appreciate 1