View Single Post
      05-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #15
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Audi is deceptive with the size, it is bigger than a FX (not by much) I of course will do a stroller and bag check when comparing them as neither is meant for major cargo hauling.

I really wanted to get a new SUV this fall but it appears as though I might have to wait another year. If BMW introduces the 35D this fall they will get my money, if not I will wait and see how the Q5 S (sounds better) is priced and how the interior looks (if its like the S4 I might be sold on it).

the 35D with M sport would probably win the engine battle though, similar performance and killer MPG.

But competition is good, maybe a X3 35is or X3M will be on the way, you know BMW already knew a Q5 S and possibly Q5 RS were coming out. Maybe we will see the M3 next generation engine debut on a X3M (toned down from what a M3 will get), remember the new M5 is using the X5M engine, its like they use the SUVs to test the engines because the backlash on a bad engine will be less in a SUV then their traditional M5 and M3.
Appreciate 0