02-23-2019, 11:24 PM   #171
Commerce
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humarocker View Post
I just paid nearly $800 for BMW in Rockland MA to address/fix this issue (Drivetrain Malfunction/Chassis Stabilization warning) on my 2014 X3. The car would not go over 40mph and could have caused a major accident in heavy traffic... After almost 2 days of "researching" the issue I was told that they "found the carpet by the accelerator pedal wet" (They car has weatherguard floor mats). They apparently sprayed water on the car to see if there was a leak. Apparently no leak. So, they removed and replaced the gas pedal. ($177.29) and charged $571.49 in LABOR charges. I dont think this has anything to do with simple cold weather but some software bug they can probably clear in a few minutes.
I have really had it with all the electronic issues with BMW's that are not covered by my still in place "Certified Pre Owned" agreement... an $800 service charge for this "bug" should be part of a full recall!!
I did not have any drivetrain malfunctions or chassis stabilization warning but I had the same issue of the carpet being very wet by the gas pedal last year. I also have rubber floor mats and always make sure to remove any excess snow off my boots. I did not take it to the dealer but I tried to replicate the leak by pouring water on the vehicle with no success. Also tested both sunroof drains which were not clogged as they were draining normally.
Appreciate 1