View Single Post
      05-28-2014, 04:54 AM   #3
RhoXS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 Z3 3.0i + 2016 X3 28i

Check Edmunds etc. to see if there any manufacturer incentives for 2014 (essentially last years) models. Its been my experience that the incentives BMW (or Lexus etc.) offer to the dealer are frequently passed directly on to the buyer. My Z3 was sold at $2k under invoice (I purchased it new with 54 miles on it a few months after production stopped and the factory was retooling for Z4) and I got a new Lexus for $4K under invoice under similar circumstances.

BTW, my X3 is vermillion red with black leather and wood trim. I love it, my wife hates it (she hates black in cars no matter what) but this combination is exactly what I will want again when I replace it. I was dissappointed they discontinued vermillion red as I do not like at all the bright red they now have. I also think the greys, whites, and blacks they offer now are boring so I hope they bring back vermillion red when I am ready to replace my X3 in a year or two. Once, when at the Spartanburg factory a number of years ago, while touring the paint shop, they told a story about a Saudi oil Sheik that had a fleet of BMWs and wanted all of them the same color. He ordered a new X5 and insisted it match the color of his fleet but they no longer offered that color. The BMW rep said he offered to pay BMW to custom paint the car and they did but he would not say what it cost to do so. So, if you really want vermillion red, you can get it but my guess is that it will cost you much more than the rest of the car.
Appreciate 0