View Single Post
      08-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
///MiamiX3
Registered
Rep
Drives: e83 x3

Exclamation SES: error code P1551 and P0460

Hello everyone,
I am new to these forums and I'd like to start off with a friendly "Hi"!
Now that thats done, let me get to the point.

I was at the Drive in last night (Saw the dark knight lol) and idiot me, forgot to run the car now and then to prevent battery drainage. So as a result, I had to ask for a jump. I proceeded to jump the car (from the front, not the back; where all the computers n stuff are) and thought everything was good. When i went to turn on my lights, i realized that the whole instrument cluster was out! it wouldn't show me how much fuel i had or even the RPMs! So i freaked out, pulled into a gas station, and proceeded to check the fuses; which turned out to be fine. So i drove my baby home and let her sit, hoping it was just a glitch or something.

Fast forward to this afternoon. I took the car to Autozone to recheck the fuses, being that i could actually see the #'s. a "technician" came out and check them for me, and confirmed that the fuses were ok. after that, i cranked her on, and the instrument cluster worked! Though this time, the "service engine soon" (ses) was on, and for the first time, the EML light was on for a brief moment (an answer for this will help too). So i had the gentleman check my OBD to see what the problem could be. As a result, he said that the error codes "P1551" and "P0460" were the culprits.

Now, im no noobie, and i know how to use google. Ive searched and discovered that code P1551 is: "A" Camshaft Position Actuator Control Open Circuit Bank 1. and P0460 is: P0460 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction.

However, I havent been able to find a solution for these, even after searching via this forum. So I was wondering if any of you out there will be able to assist me in solving this. thanks in advance
Appreciate 0