View Single Post
      09-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #47
Hornet_Rider
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i 2011 M-Sport

I am waiting for my X3 35i M-Sport (Alpine White) here in Saguenay (2hrs north of Quebec City) and I have been doing quite a bit of shopping for tires and wheels today.

I have to say that I am now leaning towards using my M-Sport 19 inch wheel as winter wheels because as much as they are pretty nice, they are not as nice as a unique aftermarket wheel.

So instead of having very good looking winter wheels, I prefer to use the stock ones for winter and buy some new ones for summer.

And I did confirm with my dealership today that we do not need the TPMS valves on the Canadian X3.

I also found a lot of rims with the exact specs that Lotus provided us. Lots of them in the 200 CAN$ price range per wheels. So I don't think it is going to be too hard to find good summer rims. TSW brand and RTX offers very decently price rims.

I am looking for non-RFT at this time. I will carry a sealant bottle from Canadian Tire and an air compressor.

My dealership (Quebec City) is making the 307 style 18 inch with Pirelli Sottozero-II for 3700$ + tx which is just insane. That equals to about 500$ per wheels just for the rim. I don't think it is worth that price. 500$ for a rim will be a lot nicer in the aftermarket.

Let me know what you guys are buying for this winter, it is unfortunately coming soon.
Appreciate 0