View Single Post
      04-16-2016, 10:47 AM   #1874
RhoXS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 Z3 3.0i + 2016 X3 28i

I am getting ready to code in some features on my new 2016 X3. In the limited few "Cheat Sheets" I found I have not seen anything for the following two features:

-Default to "Sport" mode instead of "Comfort" mode

-Allow the transmission to remain in high gear (8?) in "Sport" mode when on cruise control at Interstate Highway speeds (70-80 MPH).

Can these features be coded?

I made the big expensive annoying mistake of buying a 4 cylinder 28i instead of the 35i because I assumed throttle response would be equivalent to my 2011 6 cylinder 28i. It is certainly not equivalent and clearly unacceptable in the default "Comfort" mode. Adding insult to injury, when on cruise control on a level highway at 70-80 MPH, the transmission will not shift up to the highest gear. If I force it up with the paddle it drops back down in a few seconds so I do not get the best available highway economy. Performance and the satisfaction of a respectable throttle response is much more important to me so I always use "Sport" mode but see no reason I cannot get the benefit of slightly better economy when anything but the highest gear is not needed.
Appreciate 0