02-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
dfcoelho
Enlisted Member
Portugal
Rep
Drives: '11X3(F25)2.0dA,'13 3(F30)2.0d

Why not speed limit on Nav System?

Hi,

Now that there will be the possibility of speed sign reading/warning, my humble question is: Why wasn't already a speed warning based on Nav data? Or will it be?

I have the "Über" Professional Nav system and it is a basic NAV Database function that it's not present!

I used this function, along with speed camera information database, travelling in Europe and in Florida, and it was suprisingly accurate, alerting for excessive speed or speed cameras whenever it was due. And did I mentioned that I used a mobile phone to do it?

Both those functions are standard with my Nokia X6 mobile phone, with the original Ovi Maps Navigation from Nokia. The phone cost around 150€ and the functions are absent from a BMW's option worth 1.650€ ...go figure.

Must say that it is the major letdown for the NAV system (the other one is the amount of media storage limited to around 12GB), and one of the few things I think BMW could really improve in the daily use of the car...

Well if this something that is somewhere hidden in the I-Drive menu, please enlight me!

Regards

David Coelho
Appreciate 0