View Single Post
      02-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #9
S1000RRPilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 X3 35i M-Sport Carbon Blk

Hi all, thanks for all the responses! I'm glad you all liked the review.

@Archmc: MSRP was 55,695, I got it for $52,900. I was shooting for $1000 over the $51190 invoice, but they threw in the $879 lease wear and tear ($5k allowance) for free, so that seemed to make it up for me. This option was handy for me when I leased my E90 when I returned it with a cracked windshield and bald tires and simply was able to walk away.

@nonagon: I definitely will post pics, but it I just got the windows tinted and couldn't wash the car for the pic. But I plan to wash this weekend and will return with pics too!

@Renderfarmer: Yeah, this 8sp tranny is really impressively responsive and that's why I went with it, had it been slower, I would have had to look elsewhere. And yes, you are right, my fiancee had the same complaint about voice dialing, but i made it up to her by programming the preset buttons to call me and her mum and sis. Now all she has to do is touch just one button to dial her most frequent people

@Colson79: So I may be mistaken here, but yes the 3rd brake light are LEDs, and the rear parking lights (the long illuminated bars) are LED too, but I'm pretty sure the left and right rear brake lights are standard bulbs...hmmm...I'm going to check on that later

@Juddholland: Thanks for pointing out...yeah, i did mistakenly called the leather "Nappa" somewhere in the beginning. Yes, I like the smooth leather on the wheel and wish they would put that smoother leather on the seats...or better yet, Alcantra, but us Americans seem to equate luxury cars with leather seats and anything short of that isn't right. ***THANK YOU MR. JUDD!!! You hit the nail on the head with the heater "issue" I had, while the compressor switch didn't do anything, the Red/Blue slider was all the way to Blue and when I moved it all the way to Red I now vary the heat at settings <84 deg. You just saved me an embarrassing trip to the dealership! Thank you again!!! This is why I love these forums, so helpful!

One other comment, the 3 seems to be turning my "I live my entire life under 4k RPM" fiancee into a little hooligan. She has told me she can't keep the car under 80 MPH, and she's learning the joys of going fast around turns...oh my!