View Single Post
      05-31-2012, 09:13 PM   #92
WavyMD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgx3 View Post
Dropped the car of at the dealer for a software update that specifically was for the above mentioned issue. The SA kept drilling me that if I didn't have this specific problem that the software update didn't apply. I kept referencing info from this forum and telling him that throttle response was abrubt after slowing down and speeding up and after stopping at a stop sign and then accelerating. He said they would drive it and see if it had the specific problem the software update was for. I argued that if there is a software update then why isn't it installed automatically? Oh, he also asked if I tried driving in sport mode? Should I have to? I feel like I'll go back tomorrow and they will have done nothing. I'm trying to remain cool but many of you have said the software update is the bomb and fixes the throttle response. It's frustrating to say the least.
Same thing happened to a buddy of mine, where the didn't want to do software update and kept giving me the run around. He just refused to pick up the car until the software update was done and the dealer finally did the update just to make him pick it up and he is much happier now. Good Luck with your dealer.
Appreciate 0