View Single Post
      05-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #22
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

I had a test drive in a manual and liked it. In fact, I would have bought a manual if I didn't try the auto. Re. offset pedals / driving position, it takes some getting used to and some seat adjustment (as has been pointed out) and I still don't like using the foot rest and often drive with my left foot on the floor next to it. Ironically the manual might help as you have to use your left foot for the clutch rather than wonder where to put it . The pedals could be better. My VW Golf pedals were much better but it's not a deal breaker, just a learning process.

And yes, worth waiting for although moving your expectation from May to October is hard to take (May was hopelessly optimistic - i.e. a lie - if you ordered in the new year). I was told late Dec and took delivery Feb which was frustrating enough.

I would've bought a Q5 if I was told the X3 had a 10 month wait. I would have regretted it, but that's what I would have done

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0