06-20-2011, 10:44 AM   #91
azhar
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhar View Post
I'm disappointed about BMW's quality of manufacturing just as satisfied with its driving and control. No matter whatever reason or excuse, I cannot understand a luxury brand like BMW produces car with such low standard of quality. Even many cars twice cheaper than BMW have very high quality.
I don't agree at all, maybe you could prove your point?
The last time I went to New York Auto Show where I paid much attention to other similar brands to BMW. Audi Q5 has better welding. Japanese cars like Lexus RX, Acura RDX and Infiniti EX all had better manufacturing quality. Example, when you opened the tailgate you could definitely find unsmooth welding in the hinge which was too obvious to ignore it. You know it's an exhibition model car. The reason I paid attention to the welding was that it was my first time to buy a BMW which had been always famous for it's luxury name in my mind. After the test drive I was impressed with the super driving feeling but also surprised with the quality. Finally I still chose my new X3 but as a new fan, I really hope BMW can have a better control for it's manufacture.
Appreciate 0