04-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #46
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkshaw View Post
Man, this thread is going downhill fast.

On a serious note (I promise, I'm not intentionally trolling here), I'm curious about the rationale (from the OP or anyone else) about not wearing the seatbelt. Is it the 2 seconds it takes to get on or off? Does it wrinkle clothing? Is it a claustrophobia issue? Is it restrictive? Is it a belief that not wearing a seatbelt actually keeps you safer in some situations as you're able to get out of the vehicle faster? Is it a risk-taking rush?

In all seriousness, there must be a reason why people don't wear seatbelts. I don't want to get into right or wrong, just rationale.

Anyone?
As I and others have already pointed out if you take the time to read the whole thread rather than posting the same moral nonsense

"To balance the argument, I would like it disabled as well because I always drive with my seatbelt on but there are times when I want to remove my seatbelt when reversing or parking or moving so slowly that wearing a seatbelt would make no difference if I hit something. At these times the chime is annoying and distracting if it kicks in"

So there we are. I always drive with my seat belt on but there are sometimes when I want to hush the alarm. Analogous to a smoke alarm. I burn toast. I'm awake and alive. I press hush for 5 minutes so as not deafen the entire house. We are at no risk of dying of smoke inhalation in the 5 minutes of no smoke alarm sound that follow me pushing the hush button. So there is a legitimate reason for wanting to hush the seat belt chime temporarily. The question isn't "I really want to drive with no seatbelt all of the time, how can I do it?". Try being objective and not a sheep

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0