02-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #14
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by halohead52 View Post
...Has anyone who recently ordered the X3 been able to watch the production process via the website?
Not to sidetrack the thread, but:
My X3 35i was finished on Feb. 1 (7-weeks after order placement). Just got the email notice that the video was ready for viewing. The video is mostly the "stock" footage that has been on line since the Spartanburg plant started producing X3s with a few seconds of my actual car inserted. The inserts are the windshield being popped in place, the body and driveline being bolted together and the car being released from the production line carrier and being rolled out on it's own tires. Possibly 15 seconds of the 3.5-minute video is actually my car. The inserts are labeled with the elapsed time from the start of production, with my car taking "38 hours".

It's a nice souvenir of the production process, but shows far less of my actual car than I was expecting. 15 seconds of a 38 hour assembly really does not show very much. I did burn it to a DVD and will save it with the car's receipts and service records for the next owner.

Just received a call from my CA stating that my car is at the dealership, but since it's Saturday, they can't do the final checks and dealer prep. Have to wait until 2pm on Monday to pick it up. The video is nice, but I'd rather have the car!

Last edited by Lotus7; 02-05-2011 at 10:53 AM..
Appreciate 0