04-15-2016, 05:44 AM   #72
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickb3 View Post
Does anyone know how/when the maps are made available through the ConnectedDrive site. I have a 2016 car with ProNav that includes free USB map updates. The ConnectedDrive site shows that version available to download is Road Map EUROPE Next 2016-1, but it seems that 2016-2 has now been released.
Free USB map updates using NBT (Next) on an X3? I was not aware that they were free on the X3! Definitely not on mine or any other X3's to my knowledge. The free upgrades are available to the newer systems fitted to later cars (not F25). The only exception is that BMW may have given you an FSC code to allow you a free upgrade to the next map in sequence by virtue of when you purchased the car. Read on....

Normally you have to go to a dealer and purchase the next map in sequence, which is Road Map Europe Next (NBT) 2016-2. Also you need to purchase a FSC code (which is generated from your car's VIN number) to load this map into the car. The purchased code is entered manually and when the USB stick containing the 2016-2 map is put into the USB slot, the system recognises it as such and updates the map after your confirmation.

Naturally you can purchase the FSC code from this site at a cheaper price than the dealer will supply it at, and also you can obtain the map cheaper from this site.

That is the diplomatic answer, but there are other ways to skin a cat.
Appreciate 0