View Single Post
      12-13-2018, 10:33 AM   #11
x3sm
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 E93 Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
I've got the H&R Sport Springs and like them a lot. Had them for about 20,000 miles and exactly 3 years now. I've posted my impressions of them and the drop expected, if you search for my threads. My car already had the Sport Suspension option, but without EDC, so YMMV when upgrading your springs.

It's too bad no one makes sway bars still for these cars.

I also compiled this list of Sport vs Regular suspension components of the two option packages. The springs, coils and sway bars are different part numbers for cars with Sport suspension. The Sport springs are firmer than regular ones, I don't know if you get much of a drop though.

If you are interested, I wouldn't mind selling you my OEM Sport springs. They only had 20,000 miles on them when I took them off.
EDIT: I I was trying to figure out where I got the part numbers for the sport springs, and I think it was a total PITA, because they aren't officially listed for some reason. I vaguely recall I had to get them by calling the dealer. If you check yourself for your car, I don't think you'll see it.

This is what shows up when I search:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=31_0395

But I'm almost positive that the Sport springs are different than the Regular springs. It wouldn't make any sense otherwise, for BMW to have provided different shocks and sway bars with the Sport package, but not different springs that are matched to the sport shocks.
Yeah they do not list any part numbers for springs on realoem so I think you are right, the springs are probably a bit firmer but don't give any drop.

When I spoke to a rep from Bilstein about the B4 sport shock and regular B4 shock, he said its different valving (which I expected) but he also said B4 sport is a shorter shock. I think that the sport suspension X3 sits a tad lower due to maybe 10mm shorter shock. This all makes sense because people with sport suspension on their X3 sit lower on H&Rs than people that have standard suspension with H&R spring.

I noticed that people with sport suspension and H&R springs like the ride a lot better than people with standard suspension and H&R springs and/or people with bilstein B6 shock and H&R springs. So, standard longer shock + H&R spring is a bad ride, bilstein B6 + H&R spring is too harsh of a ride, but B4 Sport shock with H&R is the better ride. To add, I noticed that people with bilstein B6 shock and H&R springs with OEM 18.5mm rear sway bar complain that the rear end is jittery, I think its important to upgrade rear sway bar to 20mm if someone is thinking of doing the harsh B6 shocks with lowering springs.

Anyway to know if sport suspension sporing is actually same length as standard suspension spring?

Also, do you think front sway bar is thicker on sport suspension?
AUDI S4: SOLD
BMW E92 335: SOLD
Appreciate 0