08-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #98
AlphaMendoza
Admiral
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI 20D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Well, I've just taken the plunge and ordered an X3 to replace my current X1 23d MSport.

I've loved every mile in the X1 over the last three years and now have to wait till March 2015 to get the new one.

Hope I've made the right choice

A 3 series x drive touring would probably suit but when you look at the prices of them in comparison to the X3, and then the residual values it's a bit of a no brainer to go for the X3

So the bit you are all waiting for ... the spec I've gone for Xline 20d auto (my first and the driver in me says get a manual but I have been persuaded to go for the auto ... is this the right choice ? )

Xenon's, sport seats, privacy glass, extended storage, luggage net, folding dimming mirrors, metallic and mocha interior.

Now the colour .... ordered as silver but have an inkling for either the Red or sparkling brown .... go on give me your opinions ?

If I went for Red I'd probably change to black interior or Brown ... maybe beige ? or oyster ?

Is Sparkling brown and Mocha too much like a Bourbon biscuit ?

I have left the nav as the standard business set up. I currently have pro nav in the X1 but to be honest rarely use the nav, (call me a dinosaur but I kinda like looking at a map and planning a route) and never once used the online thingy's in the last three years. I suppose the RTTI would be useful for my commute but I find that my free WAZE on the Iphone is quicker at telling me of problems. I think the business nav has been upgraded so it wont be much different from my 3 yr old prov nav apart from a slightly smaller screen, which seems to be better integrated into the dash than in the pre LCI model

so there you go ... only ... don't want to think how many sleeps

Andy

Great Spec - I have been driving mine (2.0D SE LCI) for 2 months now!

Auto - Also my first time, but its great and I would never consider anything else on this car. Dont worry - you made the right choice.

Xenons - Excellent visibility - also a "must have " option for me

Extended Storage - Not good value (£330!) would probably not choose this next time

Colour - Mine is Sapphire Black/Oyster leather/Burr Walnut trim.
Oyster looks really classy with the Burr Walnut and new piano black on dashboard. Exterior gets dirty quickly - but hey this is a 4x4 not a limo!

Sat Nav - I also have the standard Business Media - I'ts good enough for me, but the Professional has some nice additions such as Idrive Touch, DVD play, hard disc recording, voice control as well as RTTI & bigger screen - I would have to consider it next time round.

Engine - New engine is a dream - quiet and quick - big improvment over old one.

Worth the wait....
Appreciate 0