Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 N52T

Garage List
2015 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by index2020 View Post
Hey - Another newbie here (in NYC). Could you tell me more about the tire & wheel protection plan? Haven't heard of it. How much does it cost and what does it cover? Also, am quite worried about flat-tires with the new run-flats. Can only the dealer fix it or can any reputable tire place fix it?

Regards,
Hi,

The tire & wheel protection plan is from BMW and can be purchased from the dealer at time you take the car of delivery, it's covered by any BMW service centers across US. I paid $2,700 for 5 years unlimited miles warranty, they can replace tires and alloys if required. Most of the run flats can be driven till 50 miles at a speed of 40-50mph. If you drive more then the sidewalls will get damaged and the alloys may get bent, in that case any BMW service center will replace the tire and alloy for new one at no cost.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...rotection.aspx

It covers Road Hazard, bent alloys, damaged side walls etc for multiple times upto 5 years.

X3 doesn't come with spare or donut tires since you can drive 50 miles (dealer may say you can drive upto 100 miles). If you don't have protection plan you can replace the tire from any tire shop as long as they carry the run flats specific to X3. The stock tire comes in X3 is Dueler brand, I am not sure if it's easily available.
Appreciate 0