View Single Post
      04-28-2011, 05:31 AM   #1
CRW
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3 30d MSport Carbon Black

My first post......my first BMW!

Hi folks,
Another newbie on here who's been lurking for the last few days. First of all, congratulations, great forum, really helpful.

After years of driving Audis (can I admit to that here?) I've recently ordered my first BMW and I've opted for the new X3 and gone for a 30d M Sport in carbon black . I test drove a 20d SE auto which was a great all-rounder but this was the day after test driving a fully-loaded 530d SE Touring. The 5-series was a fantastic car but a bit too big and without 4WD, not ideal in the north-east of Scotland so I opted for the X3 but with the new 6-cylinder diesel (the other usual suspects, Q5, Volvo XC60, Freelander were either too common, too dull or just in need of a serious update).

I'm fortunate that the car will be a company car but that means I've opted for next to no options as these cost me, but I did specify heated seats, ipod connection and 19" 369 rims

Big problem now is that although the car was ordered on 04/04, I'm being quoted mid-December for delivery......
Appreciate 0