View Single Post
      07-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
BahnRaider
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (F25) 2.0D SE Auto

Agreed, maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but it just doesn't seem to have the same presence as my 5 did. Maybe I should have waited and opted for the M Sport trim, but when I ordered mine the choice was, 2.0d SE with auto, or 2.0d SE without.
It is a very good car and I am being very picky.
But when I park it up in a sunny car park and walk away I don't glance back at it like I did with the M Sport.

Can I humbly offer a bit of advice, don't bank on the X3 being better in snow and ice.
4x4 gives you better traction not better grip.

To my 5 series I the fitted Dunlop SP wintersports (full winter tyres), they are part of the winter tyre and alloy pack for the E61. It was truly brilliant even in proper German snow. As long as you drove sensibly I would say it was as easy to drive on snow as it was to drive my Grand Cherokee on its Wrangler HP (all season tyres), certainly the grip on offer was about the same, and to break traction took some deliberate action (a big wide open car park.....who wouldn't go drifting?) Albeit took more effort to get the Jeep sliding than the 5 series.

When winter comes I will be fitting winter tyres to the X3.

Last edited by BahnRaider; 07-10-2011 at 12:53 PM..
Appreciate 0