View Single Post
      12-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #388
Tato97
Rep
Drives: BMW x3

I wanted to post this message to thank the community and specially April that hooked me up with the tools and information to successfully code my vehicle. Maybe some other folks find this note useful in their quest to code their vehicle.

I successfully coded all the items listed in the confirmed F25 test sheet. Of note, it took me several tries to figure out how to code for the DVD in motion (I’m slow, what can I say). The reason is that the second part of that setting is quite different than the other modifications, which are mostly changing from nich_aktiv to aktiv or vice versa. The DVD in motion keys for speedlock_x_kmh_max (and min) in my car (X3 28i Nov ’12 production) were set by default as nich_activ/werte=00. The first time I coded step one and left these two other keys the same. That didn’t work. I finally changed werte=00 to werte=ff and that did the trick but again, this one is different than the other ones.

I also coded successfully: Engine auto off to remember last setting. This one was probably the biggest one for me as I DO NOT like the implementation of this feature in the X3. Don’t know if other BMWs are the same, but this is a crude implementation of auto start. In my wife’s Ford fusion you can’t feel the engine coming on and I have tested other vehicles with MUCH smoother engine start feature than this car (including a ’13 Porsche 911 S). I have also forgotten to shut this feature off a few times and I have reached for the button to disable it and instead have shut the engine off! NOT a good thing. Anyhow, it is done and I’m very happy about it.

Also successful: HUD entertainment display, telephone answering, telephone book, voice commands and blinker. Don’t like the blinker implementation too much as both lights come up with the one flashing…but it can be easily disabled in the menu once the option is there. Eco route in Nav also works.

What didn’t work: HUD display of iBrake distance. Don’t know what this does or how to test it. I do have the setting in the menu now but I don’t think it does anything (probably missing hardware). Display gear in sport mode – that doesn’t work. I reverted the settings back to defaults. High beam assist – I believe I have the camera (or maybe is just a lens or plastic as a place holder) but this setting caused a warning triangle and a ‘camera failure’ with every startup. I changed setting back to factory and eliminated the error.

Overall, fairly strait forward process if you are confortable with technology but you have to be patient and methodical and follow the available instructions.

Again, thanks to everyone in this community for providing the tools and information for getting this done.

Happy coding (and holidays) to all!
Appreciate 0