07-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #7
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the thrill View Post
I had to fill up the loaner's washer fluid as the dash lights came on. I had only used it 2 or 3 times at most. It took an entire bottle to fill it. I just figured it hadn't been filled fully at the factory.
The tank's appearance is deceiving. It's not very high, but is quite long. My car was delivered with the tank almost empty and it took 4-1/2 qts. to fully fill it (full capacity is 5.3 quarts). That was 6 months ago and I've probably used the washers only 8 or 10 times, but the tank is still 3/4 full.

If you really douse the windshield and rear window with 3 oz. each, you should be able to clean them both at least 28 times starting with a full tank.

I usually clean the windshield and rear window with a hand held spray bottle and paper towels. Also, a proper application of Rain-X (and then use of Rain-X orange washer fluid) really helps keep the windows clear and reduces the use of the washer.

One thing to keep an eye on is to be absolutely sure that the filler cap is securely snapped in place. The way the X3 washer tank and filler tube is installed, under moderate to hard braking, the washer fluid flows forward up and against the filler cap, If it's not tight, fluid will be lost every time you brake hard.
Appreciate 0