View Single Post
      08-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #35
Binas_daddy
Mid-life compromise
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i F25 N55 Z8

My hack wish list

I have 2011 BMW X3 F25 with all options added (except Apple Apps).

1) Want to stop the engine, close windows and sunroof, and fold up mirrors when I long-depress the lock button on the key fob
2) Want to eliminate or reduce the time that the warning about improper shifting shows on the nav screen after attempting to put the car in gear without depressing the brake and side button on the shift stalk
3) Want to project RPMs on the HUD
4) Want to assign the "ventilate while parked" feature to one of the eight function buttons and have it crack the sunroof open too
5) Want to assign the "ventilate at a pre-specified time" to one of the eight function buttons and have it crack the sunroof open too
6) Want be able to fold up the side view mirrors regardless of vehicle speed
7) Want to remotely start the vehicle from the key fob
8) Want to eliminate the "accept" screen at starting the nav function
9) Want to eliminate the top speed restriction
10) Want to enable rear view camera to come on or stay on the nav screen while vehicle is traveling in forward direction regardless of speed and distance
11) Want to be able to view DVD while in motion
12) Want vehicle to remain in "sport" mode after ignition is shut off and vehicle is restarted
13) Want to install Apple Apps now
14) Want to customize (or even turn off) the efficient dynamics software. Should only activate when I depress brake and above a certain initial speed.
15) Want to set the duration of the seat belt reminder chime to something shorter
16) Want towing hitch receiver, wiring harness including electric brakes, and addl transmission oil cooler
17) Want option to make car lock itself and shut down if I walk way with key fob (as long as car was already in "park" gear."
18) Want automatic (will settle for manual) sun screen for rear window (like the manual side screens)
19) Want mirrors to fold up when I push key fob once to lock the car
Appreciate 0