View Single Post
      10-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
voerman
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 530e

From the owner's manual for my wife's 2011 X3, under Automatic Headlight Control:

"A blue sky with the sun low on the horizon can
cause the lights to be switched on."

Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by daninny View Post
Anyone have issues with their auto headlights?
We have a 2013 X3 35i that my wife usually drives. The other day, I took it to work. It was a bright, sunny day. I noticed that the headlights stayed on the whole time. On the drive home, they still stayed on. So, I went to BMW and they checked it out - told me it was probably the light sensor gone bad. I got a loaner and off I went.
The next day, I noticed that the loaner's auto headlights also stayed on for most of the drive to work - about 15 minutes, despite it's being a bright sunny day. It eventually turned off.
2 days later, I get a call that everything was fixed. So, off I go to BMW. As I was leaving, I noticed my headlights still on (setting on auto), and driving straight into the sun, no clouds, trees... I went back - they tell me that it's the sensitivity of the sensor and that some people want it on that setting. I said, what? what's the point of auto headlights if they're on all the time? Anyway, they adjust the sensitivity - by now it's dark, so the lights are on. Haven't checked yet today, as it's been foggy and overcast. Also, when they reprogrammed the car, my auto windows stopped working! Had to turn around and go back again.
Appreciate 0