03-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #15
Fryguy29
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmanny35
On Just about every other post that I read, the OP goes out of the way to Stress that the x3 is the wife's or being bought for the wife. Why isn't your wife posting on the damn forum? Is their some shame in a male driving a $50k+ German "300HP twin turbo" crossover?

My wife drives a big 8 passenger luxury SUV and thinks that my car is too fast! I get to cruise around in a sports car instead of driving the large kid/grocery mobile. I had a slow 528xi before this car, but don't remember every post in that forum being guys talking about their wive's cars.

Sorry for the rant

Mike
Black 35i
+1. I posted about this a while ago, and took some grief, both because of some technical issues ( I posted it like 10 times, because of the screwy iPhone app) and because of supposed insecurity. Probably more of the first.
I do think it's funny, though. If I went on a forum to post about my wife's Subaru, I'm just going to ask about the car.
For example, "my 2011 forester does not start after heavy rainstorms. Does anyone have any experience with this?"
The fact that it's my wife's car is immaterial and therefore I do not mention it. Add that to the fact that it is my Subaru and it is my wife's X3, and vice versa. Why does it matter to anyone on an anonymous forum who does most of the driving?
People don't add unnecessary details to communication unless they have a reason they want you to have that info. Whether its the woman who just happens to drop a mention of her boyfriend in a random conversation, or the dude who makes some obtuse reference to the time he played college ball back in the day, they want you to know. In this case it's likely because they heard someone say it's a "hairdressers car", which is ridiculous.
Rant over.
Appreciate 0