View Single Post
      08-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #50
gmazet
Captain
Rep
Drives: Broken 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMy335i View Post
I managed to fix the rear rattle over bumps. It drove me insane to the point that I asked a friend to sit in the trunk and identify the source...it was the tailgate! The noise was tin / metal like knocking every time I drove over a hard enough bump. Especially loud when there was a bit of body flex. I tried everything prior to the fix below including stripping and removing tools, covers etc. The fix is as follows:

If you open the tailgate you will notice that there are 2 black rubber stoppers on the body just above the tail lights. These stoppers are adjustable. I've noticed that if the differential adjustment is such that one side of the tailgate is slightly higher than the other, that the weight of the tailgate causes the clunk when the body moves in just the right way. I experiement by adjusting the stoppers a few times and voila - after 3 or 4 times, noise was gone.

The only noise - now have is a light bizz/ rattle when I take off and sometimes at speed. Seems to be centre speaker or somewhere around that area.
BINGO! thanks for the post, mine was getting worse and worse. I dropped it off at the service center last week and they kept telling me it wasn't making a noise, maybe I was more "in tune" with the car than they were. LOL!

now if only they could come up with a software update that fixes the throttle lag...
Past: 2008 E92tt 6MT, 2001 E46 6MT 2009 Z06 1997 Camaro SS 6MT
Appreciate 0