View Single Post
      06-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #8
cc52bimmer
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 528i, 328i Conv, X3, R1200RT

X3 Roof Rails

I just saw a Alpine White with the M Sport Package and the black roof rails and it looks awesome! So much so that I wanted the black roof rails for my wife's Alpine White X3 that is on order....but was told that it is not available for the base model, only the Sport Package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallbiz View Post
Hello all:

Newbie here. I have a Sapphire Black/Oyster M Sport X3 35 on order (very excited!), and have a little dilemma.

When I gave the information to my service advisor, I ordered the M Sport package, which in my mind (and according to the X3 brochure) means that I'm supposed to get both the shadowline window trim and high-gloss black roof rails.

However, somewhere in the process, my order apparently came out saying that, in addition to the M Sport package, I also ordered aluminum satin roof rails. (I thought those only came with the X Sport package, but apparently they can be ordered as a separate item, even with an M Sport package). What's more, even though the website lists the car as still being in production, the service advisor is telling me that it's too late to change the order.

So, a couple of questions:

1. I've seen plenty of pictures of sapphire black M sport X3s with black rails. Does anyone have a picture of one (an M sport, please, so it has the shadowline window trim) with aluminum rails? Or, have you seen one and can you give me your opinion?

(As an aside, I think the issue here is that if the window trim and the roof rails match - either because they are both aluminum (like the X sport) or both black (M sport), that would look "right". I'm concerned about how it would look if they were different.)

2. I'm wondering how best to address this issue if I decide that I really want black rails. It seems to me that changing them out shouldn't take more than an hour or two, and that that should be something that the dealership service department ought to be willing to do (preferably at no cost to me) once the car arrives there. Any thoughts?

Many thanks!
Appreciate 0